March 12, 2016 – Use of Authentic Video with TED Talks with Tim Phillips
Tim Phillips, ELT Sales Executive from National Geographic Learning, will demonstrate a number of creative approaches, showing how TED Talks can be effectively implemented in English language teaching.
Using TEDTalk videos as his basis, Tim will be giving us food for thought and running practical activities in the following areas:
– using TED Talks for more than discussions
– exploiting the use of language in a TED video in a structured way
– developing a range of language skills, beyond speaking and presenting
– introducing inspiring and structured project work – for students and younger company staff
– applying our TED Talk experience to more general, creative use of authentic video in the ELT classroom.
During his workshop Tim will be referring to a number of publications of National Geographic Learning.
There will be a display of NGL learning resources.
Tim has been working in the ELT sector in Germany for over 25 years. He has substantial experience of adult language learning, particularly in the Business English and in-company training sectors, as well as in teacher-training for freelance trainers.