21. March 2015 – 2 – 5:30 p.m.
Red Tape Workshop – John Sydes
March 21, 2015 2-5:30 pm
The workshop will cover topics that most freelance teachers need to know about from when you have to start charging VAT on your invoices to compulsory pension contributions and what you can do if a school or company doesn’t pay your bill on time.
- Being a psuedo‐employee employee (Scheinselbstständigkeit) (Scheinselbstständigkeit)
- Flat rates
- So‐called „special“ expenses
- Income Tax
- Charging VAT (Mehrwertsteuer)
- Putting a contract contract together together
- Dealing with late bills/unpaid invoices
A brief bio:
John has worked as a freelance teacher Germany for longer than he likes to remember. He moderates a forum for EFL teachers in Germany www.tefl-germany.de and has provided many EFL teachers working or thinking of working in Germany with advice and information. He is an active member of his local English Language Teachers Association in Munich.. When he isn’t teaching or checking out red tape, he writes his own materials and has written several EFL course and work books for OUP, Macmillan and Pearson.
Cost: Free for Eltas Members, 25 € for non-members to be paid in cash at event